The data continues to come in. If you are a healthy human you have little to fear from the Corona Virus. Awesome. How sexy is that? This is empowering, exciting and frankly makes a lot of sense. Resilient people (as I wrote about previously) always deal with any kind of challenge much better.
I will say it again, if you are healthy you can stop stressing out about COVID-19 harming you physically. Are there exceptions to this? Of course but there are exceptions to everything and they are extremely rare. It’s like worrying about that meteor landing on your head.
For example in an article about why we need to re-open the country Dr. Scott Atlas says:
“In children, despite exceptionally rare cases, COVID-19 is not a significant risk — even compared to influenza. The CDC stated on May 15 that “for children (0-17 years), COVID-19 hospitalization rates are much lower than influenza hospitalization rates at comparable time points during recent influenza seasons.”
Wow OK, so the yearly flu is more dangerous to kids than the Corona Virus. It would be nice if this kind of information was shared with such vigor and shameless promotion as all the negative news spewing forth from the various media outlets liking this to the black plague.
The news, however, is also excellent with respect to healthy adults:
“There has been a failure to educate the public that the overall fatality rate is not only far lower than previously thought but is extremely low in almost everyone other than the elderly (and those with underlying health conditions).”
Dr. Dariush Mozaffarian, cardiologist and dean of the Friedman School of Nutrition Science & Policy at Tufts University wrote an opinion piece on how nutrition can help to flatten the curve. This again goes back to how being healthy, strong, and resilient can protect you from COVID-19 or anything else:
“…experience from other infectious disease outbreaks makes clear that malnourished individuals (not hungry individuals, those that eat a poor diet of unhealthy foods) have a higher risk of becoming ill, a longer duration of illness, and greater risk of death. In the current crisis, feeding people who are at risk is even more important.”
Making bad choices when it comes to what goes in your mouth kills an estimated 530,000 people annually in the U.S., every year. Every….year. That is a completely unacceptable amount of preventable suffering and death, not to mention the billions of dollars spent caring for this population.
It is time to break free of the broken medical care paradigm that is set up to manage disease, not prevent it. Those who are lining their pockets (big pharma, big food and others) at the expense of your health do not want you to die of course, but they do not want you to be well either. That is strictly up to you.
If you would like to learn more about how to own your health please reply to this blog post with your question(s). You can also fill out your health history here.
Once I receive your history we will discuss your health challenges and goals in a free wellness consult. The next step will be to start creating a personalized, bio-individual health plan perfect for you.
See below for a snapshot of what is included:
- learn to exercise smart, improve sleep quality and increase energy
- learn to powerfully manage your stress and why this is so important
- learn how to incorporate clean, whole foods into your diet
- understand your specific dietary needs based on your own bio-individuality
- work to achieve and maintain your ideal weight
- set and accomplish goals in a way that is empowering and exciting
- understand and reduce your cravings
- engage in proven protocols to greatly assist you in achieving a higher level of health
- improve relationships and achieve more balance in the many areas of your life
Some of what your specific program may include…
- two 50-minute sessions per month
- e-mail support between sessions
- nutritional interpretation of lab work to help uncover your hidden stressors & imbalances
- cutting edge, powerful, actionable information on environmental toxins and their connection to poor health. Learn how to protect yourself
- recipes that are healthy and simple to prepare
- coaching and support to help you make the dietary and lifestyle changes you want
- simple but informative handouts that will increase your nutrition knowledge
- access to my blog & newsletter focusing on many different wellness topics
- my personal commitment to your health and success
I offer health coaching packages to fit every need and budget. Sessions are held virtually or at the Cafe of Life Chiropractic and Massage office.
To learn more about me and what I do please visit breakfreewellness.net
Bart Thurman, FDN-P, INHC, AFDNP
Functional Health Coaching
Cafe of Life Chiropractic
1325 Dry Creek Drive #307
Longmont, CO 80503